Recommended: ASR Pro
In recent days, some of our readers have encountered Steam Error 108. There can be several reasons for this problem. We’ll look at them now.
As previously mentioned, SteamVR error 108 occurs when the system is unable to determine which VR headset users were happy to connect. This is a common occurrence and there is nothing to worry about.
In this letter, the MiniTool Partition Wizard briefly describes three main methods for fixing the SteamVR One hundred and eight error. If you are facing the same issue while using SteamVR, you can subscribe to the post to resolve it. Users
Some have encountered the problem of not launching SteamVR. The reasons for this message could be different. To resolve this issue, customers can try the solutions that are described in this guide article.
SteamVR error or Steam VR headset not detected 108 is a third party HMD error message. The HTC Vive was literally designed by And htc Valve for VR as a fully immersive virtual reality headset. It features room-wide tracking technology that allows users to continue and interact with the 3D environment. However, like many other devices, it has its own set of problems. Sometimes users are unable to connect HTC Headset Vive to SteamVr. Most oftenThe errors they receive are HTC Vive error 108 and HTC Vive error 208. There are definitely a number of solutions for these errors that you have tried. Complex solutions.
How To Fix Steam VR Headset Not Detected – Hardware Issues
How do I fix Error 108 on SteamVR?
Before proceeding with any installation method, you must check that each cable is connected correctly. Also check the link why the box won’t connect backwards. The fully immersive HTC VR headset will have a power connector in the middle, with all cables side by side. Your computer may well have a power connector in your corner, and there will be a gap or gap between the HDMI and USB connectors. The solutions listed below are the core hardware.
Fix 1. Restart The Current Computer
Trick “should fix SteamVR error 108 for some people by simply restarting your computer. Restarting your computer will also significantly restart your devices or applications. That way, your headset can restart its resources to fix connection problems.
- Click Name the Start menu type on the taskbar.
- Press the power button. Reload
- Select the type of context menu. Or, you might consider manually shutting down and waking up your computer after shutting it down.
- After restarting my computer, it will prompt me to see if that solves my problem.
Note. If the problem persists after restarting, you can start Steam in exclusive admin mode. Right click on Steam in the secret formula and select “Run as administrator” to launch Steam as administrator.
Fix 2 – Connect HTC Vive Headset Directly To Computer
Sometimes Link Box can be the root cause of my problem connecting HTC Vive headphones to your computer. In this case, you, as an end user, will see the Vive error 108 pop-up message. Can you try to forget about the Link Box and connect all USB and HDMI connections directly to the PC. However, do not disconnect the dominant cables from the link box, as your personal HTC Vive headset requires power to operate. Before doing the nextin the next steps, make sure all cables are connected.
- Disconnect the USB and HDMI cables from the computer. Now, disconnect the HDMI and USB cables from the Link Box.
- Do not disconnect the power cables from both parts of the Link Box by yourself.
- Now connect our USB and HDMI cables from all Live htc headsets directly to your reliable computer.
Note. Try connecting a USB cable to USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0.
- Restart your computer and check if SteamVR error 108 is fixed.
Patch Version 3 – Connecting HTC Vive Headset
Over time, the USB cable only connects to the wrong port on the HTC Vive headset. Can you really open the top of the headset and replace the cable by following these simple steps:
- Remove the top of the HTC Vive headset. Replace the side connector of the USB cable with a medium docking station (USB 2.0).
- If that doesn’t work, disconnect and reconnect any other cables connected to the HTC Vive headset and reconnect it back home.
- Check this box after fixing HTC Vive error 108.
How To Fix An Unrecognized Software Problem With Bothbaking Your Steam VR Headset
Fix 1: Remove The Graphics Driver And Let Windows Install It
How do you fix SteamVR Cannot detect headset?
Since this happens after every driver problem, another possible solution is to remove the people you installed and let Windows do its own installation. Windows will suggest compatible drivers that shouldn’t be causing problems with your computer, after which you can use them without any problem. The means for this are realistic and simple.
- Go to “Search”, enter the device manager, and as a result of “Device Manager” your name will be installed on your computer.
- Search. You right click on the problem device and set Properties.
- Click and “.” Driver “, then go to” Update Driver “.
- Click Search Automatically for Updated Command Line Software.
- Restart your computer after updating to the latest version.
- Check it out in case Vive bug 108.2 is fixed.
Fix – Enable Direct Mode On SteamVR
- Go to the menu “Start” and start Steam.
- Launch SteamVR by pressing the VR button.
- Click the dropdown arrow, you can customize the options and select “Developer”.
- Make sure your direct mode is activated and restart your computer.
- Check to see if SteamVR bug 108 has been fixed.
Fix 3 – Select The Main Beta Version Of SteamVR
- Start Steam, go to Library and select Tools.
- Right click on Et steamvr and select Properties.
- Click Beta on the tab above, select the beta you want to subscribe to.
- Select “No”, close the plan and restart your computer.
- Select this check box to enable Fix HTC Vive One Hundred Eight and HTC Vive Error One Hundred Eight.
Reinstall Patch 4 – Your SteamVR USB Devices
- Disconnect all cables from your PC and run Steam.SteamVR,
- open preferences and select “Developer”.
- Click All SteamVRs – remove USB devices.
- Select Yes and Continue.
- Restart someone else’s computer.
- Check if the error is resolved.
Patch 5 – ResetPlease Update SteamVR To Fix SteamVR Error 108
- Start Steam, go to Library, select Tools.
- Right click on SteamVR, select and uninstall, go back to Uninstall.
- Restart your computer and repeat the steps above, but this time select Install.
- Check this if the bug is fixed.
Hotfix 6. Other Issues That Can Be Fixed With SteamVR Error 108 On Steam Support
- Make sure your Vive’s link box and the monitor or TV you are using as your primary video display are connected to the same picture card. Once connected to the on-board video adapter, you will definitely see the Intel HD Graphics device listed on the SteamVR system statement. Onboard cards, such as the ones that interface with the PC motherboard, are simply not powerful enough to make use of some of the Vives. Reconnect the Vive to the dedicated graphics card on your PC.
- Make sure you are in live view. To do this, go to the menu in the upper left corner of the SteamVR window, then toSelect Developer> Developer Settings> Click Live View Mode. Click the Activate Live View button. â‚¬ Restarting SteamVR will be done permanently with this setting.
- If live mode is not enabled, SteamVR will function fully, but in advanced mode. For this to work exactly, make sure your ads are configured in Windows> Display Settings
. stretched out
Multiple Fix – General SteamVR Bug Fix 108
Why do I get error 108 on my SteamVR?
If the settings cannot be saved after restarting Steam VR, minimize the settings and restart before opening Steam VR.
Conclusions Regarding SteamVR Bug 108:
How do you fix SteamVR problems?
In our walkthrough where I have provided all possible solutions to fix SteamVR error 108. We hope you choose these helpful methods. Did you manage it? Please let everyone know in the comments below.
Why is my Steam VR headset not found?
Why does my SteamVR say no HMD is available?
How do I fix Error 108?
Solution 1: Disable your pop-up blocker.Solution 2 – check our firewall settings.ReSolution 3 – Run the Console File Checker.Solution 4. Install Windows updates.Solution 5 – log in – your bank account.
How do I fix Steam Error 208?
Update your graphics drivers.Activate Direct Mode in SteamVR.Select the SteamVR Beta Model.Reinstall SteamVR USB devices.Reinstall SteamVR.Push in HDMI completely.Other general fixes.
How do you fix SteamVR problems?
Change the specific power scheme of the PC.Update the drawing driver.Adjust NVIDIA settings.Run Steam like a great admin.Disable SteamVR add-ons.Sign up for the SteamVR beta.Disable the in-game overlay.
How do I fix Error 108 on SteamVR?
Method 1: restart your VR headset If error 108 (Steam VR Headset Really Detected) persists, you may need to restart your headset. You just need to easily right click on the popular headset on SteamVR and select “Reload Vive Headset”. Then wait for the entire process to complete. After that check if the error code has disappeared.